View Single Post
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Apr-04-05, 18:10

Plan: Dr. Greg Ellis
Stats: 340/318/180 Male 5 feet 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi Aofe,

Chelated simply means that the mineral is made more bioavailable for the body to break it down and use it in a more efficient manner. It's usually the best way to go.

The whole thing about induction and lowering your carbs will only assist in your appetite but shifting the weight is another matter.

You have to know your resting metabolic rate which you can find out at this site: http://www.ultimatedietsecrets.com/ch4calcs.html

This will tell you by your weight and age how many calories you need to eat in order to maintain your weight. What you'll be tempted to do is eat less calories, however what you need to do is monitor what you eat (both carbs and calories) then figure out how much physical activity you need to engage in, in order to burn so many calories so that over a given period of days or weeks, you will be able to burn so many pounds.

This will work for you and you will be burning fat not lean body mass which is critical.

You can monitor specifically what you eat through Fitday which is free. I use the Performance Diet because I use it on my computer and not through the internet, but whatever will work for you. This is the only way to know exactly how many calories you are eating and if you're eating more than your RMR, then there's part of the problem right there. Once you have the information then you can deal with it with knowledge in hand.

I understand what you mean about being sick of eating the same thing for breakfast. Don't feel trapped by this but enjoy your food. Some people would shoot me for this advice but alternate your meals, ie. buy some low carb bread, butter up a couple of slices, fry up some bacon, tomato and lettuce with mayo and enjoy. Don't feel that every meal has to be total grease only.

The secret is to ensure that your carb percentage at the end of the day is less than 25% of all your food intake. Believe me, you will lose. So many people are hung up about carbs but it is the energy in (calories) and energy out (calories) which is the main issue. If you burn more than you take in, then you will lose weight.

I hope this helps. Don't give up. Boy I wish I weighed 62 kilos. I applaud you for all your hard work.

Peadar