View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Dec-19-08, 20:40

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

I don't do CAD but the next plan by the hellers that came after further research by them - CALP. I've previously lost over 70 lbs. with it, but as with all plans, nothing works if you don't do it

The key imo, for the RM is to follow the rules (no, I don't always either and that's when I can get into trouble)...salad first or double portion of a cm veggie, ****balance*** your rm is to be 1/3 cm veggie, 1/3 protein, 1/3 carb. I find eating towards my carbs does work best, and having that raw salad at the beginning does help me start to register that I am getting full before I'm at dessert thinking I'm really still hungry. The Hellers mention in CALP that the RM was never meant to be a one hour binge.

I can eat for emotional reasons, but the largest issue that CALP allows me to control, is family recipes at holiday times, or just wanting to be able to eat out. I may only have a tiny portion, but I don't have to say No to anything...though some things I don't find a small portion worth it, so I may deem it not carbworthy I've found what works best for me...i.e. if I have ice cream, I do best with a whole single serving container, or a whole snack bar size Hagen Daz...I like having "all" of something.

As of today, I am 1 day shy of 6 months back on plan, my daily weight for today was over 50 lbs. off (for today...I only list my averaged for the week weights in my stats), and it is going really well.
I can not honestly imagine eating any other way.