#22   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-08, 18:46

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SissyPoo
What do you do , eat two low carb meals and then one regular meal a day?

This is how the majority of people will eat, yes.

It's not like eating Atkins twice a day, though. There are certain foods that are acceptable on Atkins but not on CAD CMs (complimentary meals)...and vice versa.

Most people start CAD with two CMs and one RM (reward meal) a day. If you find you're losing weight too quickly (every woman's or man's dream!), you should add one CS (complimentary snack). If you find you're losing too slowly--less than half a pound a week--you should eliminate one CM and have only one CM plus your RM each day.

The idea is to eat infrequently and to have any meals except for one be very carb-controlled, so that you control the frequency and way that your body releases insulin. There's more to it than I described, but that's the gist.

I personally eat one CM and one RM a day and am losing between a pound and a half and two pounds a week. I could probably eat just the RM, but I like eating; I like the experience of it. So I eat twice. My RM is very balanced. Some people will argue that the original books didn't put much emphasis on balancing, but every version of the book that I've ever read has had at least a mention of balancing. The idea of balancing is this: start with a salad or LC veggie. Then mentally separate your food into thirds: one-third low-carb veggie; one-third protein; and one-third carb.

I find that if I don't balance, that's when I get cravings, and who needs that? So I balance. Yum! I eat cake or cookies every single day. I also eat absolutely delicious fresh veggies every day. Believe it or not, though I truly enjoy my carb-y treats, they're not "the" golden ring to work toward grasping in my day or anything. I love my tuna salads and cucumbers too and I feel very happy digging right into those.

You won't find as many people here because the site itself does have the word "low carber" in it...hence, in a Google search, not as many CADders probably post here. However, I know of one CAD site where I can't even keep up with the posting. Google and you will find loads of forums...BUT stick around here, too...jump in on the Hour Power on the CAD forum...we would love to have you.