View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-15-04, 11:21
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Yep - I've done it a couple of times. It worked really nicely for me. I did it because I'm a moderate drinker and wanted to give my poor liver a break after an all-inclusive Christmas holiday that involved more than a little cheating and much rum. I ended up losing all of my holiday weight gain in less than two weeks. I also felt great; it was like being on LC for the first time again.

FFP isn't a lot of fun. The increase in carbs is enough to make you crave them again, unless you're really careful. I recommend having only berries as the fruit portions. I also drank the cranwater gradually throughout the day and watered it down quite a bit. Even on about 50-60 g carbs per day, I was in ketosis most of the time.

Another change I made to the plan was having more protein. Following the plan to the letter, I was only getting about 1200 calories a day. Since I cut out the carbs from sugary fruit, I was more generous with the protein and fat portions.

I recommend this plan, but only for a 'cleansing' period, and only if you don't mind some calorie counting and hunger for a while.