View Single Post
  #143   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 16:03

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 169/154/150
BF:
Progress: 79%

HI lawoman

Yes I do take time to exercise - I work out a minimum of 3 times per week during my lunch hour - sometimes 4 times during the week - DH and I swim on Tuesday evenings too. I love to exercise and find it a great stress reliever plus it keeps the old body moving and limber.

DH commented on how "busy" we had been and how we need more "down and alone" time. I told him I agreed. So we are going to schedule more "slow/down" time - I don't know why but if I am not "doing" something I feel terribly guilty. Does anyone else have this problem? And I get really agitated with myself if I get tired and I think "I should be able to do this and this and this" and I get tired and cannot do it. Instead of taking it like a "sign" that the body is saying "hey, slow down we need a rest" I over-ride the message with "but we shold be able to do it" and I get angry with myself and feel weak and lazy. I don't know if this makes sense but possibly this is a "getting older" thing too - I just cannot do as much as I used to 20 years ago and get tired much more quickly. Maybe I just need to admit it and accept the fact that I don't have the energy I did when I was in my 20's. Do you understand? Can you relate?