View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-24-09, 14:40
For Real This Time

Plan: SB (Sorta Beachy)
Stats: 272/260/165 Female 68 inches (5'8")
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Working my Butt Off...Literally

It's time to just do it. Time to get serious about exercise.

I've been on the South Beach diet for over 6 months now. I've faltered a little here and there, but for the most part I feel pretty successful with this way of eating. I know what I need to eat (and not eat) in order to lose, and what I can get away with and still maintain. Most of the time I'm pretty satisfied with the plan, and when I'm focused and really follow it the way I should, I'm very satisfied with the results I'm getting.

However...there's more I can and should be doing.

Exercise has always been my biggest problem - I just don't like it enough to do it regularly. I've found certain forms of exercise that I've kind of enjoyed, but for one reason or another, I have never been able to make a real habit of working out.

I need to change that. Exercise is so good for us in so many ways, for so many reasons - I need to JUST DO IT.

Maybe if I finally focus on making exercise a priority, I'll be able to increase my energy and sense of well-being. I'm also hoping that it will help me to like what I see in the mirror a little more, too. (After losing 30 lbs, how is it possible that I look worse than when I started instead of looking better???)

So, enough rambling. I have my regular journal for that. This is where I'm going to focus on exercise. I think I'll try putting in one entry per week, with a workout plan/goals, and then edit the weekly entries with my daily progress. I also plan to take my measurements on a monthly basis - something I probably should have started 6 months ago, but better late than never, right?

Here we go...
Sponsored Links