View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-08, 13:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/242/180 Female 5'7" (170 cm)
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default 10 Weeks - Personal Record!

It's the 4th of July AND I've been on Atkins for 10 weeks!!!

I realize it's not a long time by any means, but for *me* it's a personal record. I had tried to stick to Atkins several times and just couldn't do it. I always gave in to the carb demon. The longest I ever managed was 7 or 8 weeks a couple of years ago. This time I've been over 90% cheat free and today is my 11th day, cheat free. I even started a "Cheat Free July" Challege! It puts pressure on me to continue to be cheat free, because I started the thread

I have been on CAD though, a few times and find that relatively easy to stick to. I was rarely hungry on it, often ate just once a day (the "Reward Meal") and hardly ever had cravings and I got to get my daily "fix" of CARBS!!! BUT the downside of it was I hardly lost any weight. I know in my heart it was because I didn't follow the plan to a T. But I did the best I could.

I started to seriously try to lose weight in early 2004.
Did CAD most of the time and kept trying Atkins in between. But as I said Atkins never "took". In a year and a half I managed to lose 60 lbs. Then a seies of difficult, stressing family matters completely derailed me.

For almost 2 years I kept trying to start up again, but could never succeed. Then when I was just starting to get back on track another tragedy struck. Again I let it get in my way. But a couple of months later I managed to start CAD. Did that for 4 months and then moved to Atkins 10 weeks ago. This time I'm feeling good. I have almost no cravings (well, a little in the beginning, but it's gotten a lot better).

Unfortunately I'm not a fast loser, so I have focus on, and keep telling myself, that I'm doing it for health reasons and IF weightloss occurs it's just a pleasant side-effect I know this is the right way for me to eat, I seem to have severe insulin resistance and should under no circumstances eat carbs.

well, anyway, this is my milestone today and I just wanted to "get it out"

Thanks to all who've read this far.
Sponsored Links