View Single Post
  #325   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-19, 09:11
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Thanks everybody! I didn't get a lot of hikes done in 2019. I would have loved to do more. However, the ones I did get in were awesome: Crater Lake (Oregon), Mt St. Helens (Washington) and Old Rag here in Virginia. The first two were more about scenic beauty and not nearly as challenging as this last one.

And YES Renee, It is amazing what we can do now; things that we wouldn't even have considered before. I'm not anywhere near my lowest weight. I seem to have stabilized around 25 pounds up from my 'skinny old man' days. I am strong and fit, though. I'm looking forward to the next challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulo
... If you ever make it to the Lake District over here, you should try Sharp Edge on Blencathra!

I Googled that. Yikes - you go first! There's no doubt that I could do it, but I think I'd prefer hiking around some medieval/roman ruins or rolling hills even better. I spoke with my daughters about a trip to England last night. All were interested -- especially if it involved getting in a day hike or two. We've already done the tourist trap thing. Seeing the English countryside sounds like a better plan. We've penciled it in for some time in 2021.