#43   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 07:42

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%
Default Persist...

Hey Bet,

Saw your post and thought I would pop in to say hello and keep your head up today... I know what you mean about following different plans... For me it is the same issue, I like sweets and healthier carbs (but have yeast overgrowth) and try to incorporate them at different times. When I want sweets I am trying to plan for them by doing the CAD approach. In a given day if I want a healthy carb I try to follow the Insulin Resistance Approach or Suzanne Sommers approach... It is difficult for me to follow Atkins strictly because it does not provide enough variety and eventually makes me sick to my stomach because if I go too low in carbs, my depression worsens...

Think about the foods that you enjoy, that you find you cannot do without and find a plan that works to suit those needs. Otherwise, you will find yourself binging more and more...that has been my experience and is my new approach... As well as adding good, healthy fats such as the sinful butter, coconut oil, olive oil, fish oils, etc...

Have a good day and PERSIST!!!

Persist

When you're weary, it means you've been making a difference. Keep going and see it through.

When each obstacle is more difficult than the one before, it means you're making real progress. Persist, and make it all count for something great.

The exhaustion you feel is preparing you for the sweet taste of accomplishment that is surely to come. Every effort you make serves to give that accomplishment more value and meaning.

Sure, the way is difficult, and by moving through each difficulty you're creating something that can never be taken away. Keep going, and enjoy the priceless reward of knowing you did it.

As the path become steeper, it means you're nearing the summit. Now is when it's especially important to keep climbing.

Your efforts have already brought you a long, long way. Persist, and enjoy the full rewards of your labor.

-- Ralph Marston