#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-19-16, 13:57
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%
Default 440 lbs to 10K in 26 Months

As I am approaching the goal weight I set over 2 years ago I am happy to report that I feel terrific -- better than I have in 30 years. I am living my life again. I recently saw an ad on TV for our local 10K race - the Richmond Monument Avenue 10K - and a crazy idea popped into my head. Wouldn't be an awesome bookend to my journey if I did that 10K this year? I used to jog in my mid 20's. I was in shape back then and I did enjoy that form of exercise. I've been walking regularly for over 18 months - including many walks over the winter months that exceeded 10K in distance. I can walk a 10K with no problems. But I have not jogged in over 29 years. Can I get into jogging shape in only 1 month? Maybe. Maybe not. But walk, jog, or crawl I decided to do this 10K. It would make a fitting end to the weight loss portion of my diet and open a new chapter as I enter maintenance.

Two years ago I would have said that me doing a 10K could never happen. I weighed over 400 pounds and had Type 2 diabetes. But this WOE has really worked some magic on me and the impossible has become possible. I've lost nearly 230 pounds and have become quite fit, all things considered. I don't have a runners body, but a slow jog for 6.2 miles just might be possible. This journal will document my preparation for this event and end with the results of the 10K race.

Note: If you want to skip the preparation posts, the 10K race day posts start at post #50 on page 4. Race day photos are on page 5.
Sponsored Links