View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 10:25

Plan: Trim-Wise: LifeForce International
Stats: 213/209/150
BF:32%/??/ 21%
Progress: 6%
Exclamation Pastries

I'm not sure this is really a "category" in the sense that Nat's was, but it's my danger food no matter how ya cut it.

I CANNOT have pastry-things in the house. CANNOT. I bought some donut holes for my Kelley a couple of months ago, and it was agony having to move them out of the way to get to my vitamins in the morning. (Counter space is at a premium in my kitchen. ) I know if I ate one, I'd have eaten the entire container. And I know I'd have had headaches, GI issues (as it were), and all kinds of other unpleasantness.

It's tough walking past a bakery in a mall, or even on the street. I used to *love* cream-filled chocolate-frosted pastries (here we call them "Bavarian creams," I'm not sure if that's the name elsewhere). I could (and did) eat a half-dozen at once. I bet I still could--but I won't. It wouldn't be worth how awful I would feel afterward.

I'm seriously considering restricting Kelley's sugar intake; she's not even 5 yet, she's wearing a size 6/6X (mostly, sometimes that's a little snug depending on the cut but 8's are WAY too big), and she weighs 50lbs. I really don't want her to have a childhood like mine, being "the fat kid" in school whose mother had to make all her clothes because there was literally nothing in the stores that was child-appropriate in the right size. Maybe I'll post something about that in the LC Parents forum, huh? Sorry for the digression, but this just got me thinking.....