#6   ^
Old Mon, May-01-06, 07:16
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

kebladwin,

Thank you so much! I'll forward this thread to my husband in case his arthritis starts acting up again. So far though, the heavy-duty pain he was experiencing has decreased dramatically since going off Vytorin and sticking with Niacin, glucosamine/chondroitin, fish oil, green tea, and LC'ing. He's also lost 22 pounds.

He was LC'ing before dropping the vytorin, but wasn't losing any weight and was experiencing a great deal of pain.

Anyway...this is totally off topic (sorry to the original poster!).

Thank you again for those great resources on reducing arthritic pain naturally, it is much appreciated.

Sara

PS - to 2fat42long: the effects of glucosamine are very subtle, and you have to take it for awhile to notice it's benefits. In fact, more often than not...it isn't until you forget to take them for a few days that you realize how much it was helping. My husband takes Osteo Bi-Flex Triple Strength, twice daily. The nutritional data on the back of the bottle lists 1 carb per serving (so you're looking at 2 carbs per day). It contains 1500mg glucosamine and 1200 mg of chondroitin. We get it at Walgreens when it's on sale (they often have a 2 for 1 deal) because this particular brand can be expensive at times.