Old Fri, Aug-20-10, 06:20
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by indieFan
I was actually told by the person that would be doing my laser hair removal to get checked out for PCOS. (This was at my HMO cosmetic department.) Yesterday, I was diagnosed with a mild case of it. *sigh*

The same person explained to me that she would do it if I wanted, but if I had something like PCOS, it wouldn't be worth it because any slight hormonal changes will affect hair growth. I have very dark hair that I've been plucking away at for a year or so (thanks to Mom complaining) and was hoping for a permanent solution.

For those that have had good luck with this, congratulations. I've decided to save my money for the moment.

I disagree with the women you had the consultation with. I have severe PCOS and started to have laser treatment. I had three treatments on very coarse dark hair but had to stop temporarily due to finances. At least half the hair is gone and a year later has not returned and I had a lot of hair - chin, neck & sideburns. I think the results depend on the colour of hair being treated - mine was so dark that it was very effective. When I have the cash I plan on continuing the treatment.

It is important to check whether the treatment is laser or pulsed light, as pulsed light is nowhere near as effective.

Also if you have coarse hair, laser treatment can be quite painful so its worth paying a little extra for the anaesthetic gel.

Lee