#27   ^
Old Sun, Feb-28-16, 21:49

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Bill is not the only one who dismisses how significant the protein contributes to BG. There are others who also think protein issue is overblown, all rather confusing.

I just started Dr Hyman's new book, he still calls his diet "pegan", emphasize veggies, yet when he gave a range for protein, it averages out to 100-120g. That is about how much I would eat before I ever started tracking and worrying about it. Sounds good to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz53
There are so many ways to eat Low Carb and they are all a major improvement over SAD. Why not experiment to find the best fit and/or change programs within the various approaches to LCHF from time to time to find the one that is the best fit for you in terms results AND ease of compliance?

Two very wise recommendations. Low carb is supposed to be easy to follow without a lot of counting, whether it's protein or calories. Yes, count carbs and keep them low with lower carb vegetables as the only dietary source. I agree, we can get overly prescriptive with this. N=1 works, and the patience to find what works for you and make the necessary course corrections to fine tune is all part of this. Over time, and I'm talking about 1 - 2 years and beyond, this WOE becomes so fundamental that you realize it's now a familiar lifestyle with zero sensation that you're making sacrifices.