#48   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 14:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default My name is Kelly and I am a Carboholic

Quote:
I work on this everyday and wish I were "normal" and could eat normally but I can't. I know I can't and it's so healing to know I'm not alone.

Gee I am just thinking to myself that there is absolutely nothing "Normal" about the way most North Americans eat these days. Obesity and Type 2 diabetes being an epidemic, could any past culture have withstood this abuse without our modern medicine, that helps to counteract our diet?
Many companies are reaping the benefits fron this "socially acceptable" addiction.
I took an engineers tour of a Sugar Refinery here in Vancouver. They let us see everything basically!
Well when the sugar comes in off the ships it is dumped into a huge storage building the size of a football stadium. Catapillars and heavy equipment, dripping diesel and oil, etc are used to move the raw stuff around. Sitting in the raw sugar and driving on it. It is really quite disgusting! That raw material is SO refined that we end up with that pristine white product that we all so desire! Same with the grain, think of all the storage bins you see on the Prairies or in the Ports, big moist bins. Leave a loaf of bread out in the moisture and see what a garden of mold you can create! Well once you refine that down you have that wonderful white product again with no telltale signs of where it has been. YUCK! Isn't this the same way they create those terrible street drugs that so many lives have been destroyed by?
So I would have to say welcome to a small minority of informed consumers that is growing every year!
No more "CARBAGE" for us! (Thanks Karen!)