View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-19, 06:39

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

I hesitate to comment, but seems you need a guy's perspective. Guys often are goal and results focused....talking and feelings are secondary. Just the way many of us are hard wired. I suspect he just wants to see 'progress' towards you becoming the active partner he married, whether fair or not. Or at least he needs to have confidence that you are making changes.

Seems you have 3 choices:
- Do nothing to change your eating habits/activity level
- Change your eating habits/activity level for yourself
- Change your eating habits/activity level for your relationship

The latter choice will involve two things: 1. You must actually start to work extremely hard to address the weight, and low carb is a great way to do it; 2. You must explain to him your plan and get him on board to support it.

He wants you to exercise probably because a) He thinks that will result in weight loss (not a big factor), b) He understands that exercise is good for overall health, c) He wants to have an active partner who can do things with him.

Exercise, as some have mentioned, is not the key to weight loss, but it will help to reshape your body as you drop the weight.

Good Luck, I truly wish you well!

(My wife (who has done a great job of staying fit) a couple years back started to tell me she really disliked that I looked pregnant...yes cruel, yes truthful. I used that as motivation to lose 35 lbs, and used those efforts to convince her to let my son and i go on a Mt Rainier adventure. Still working to keep the gut at bay, but happier I am where I am now)