View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-12-20, 09:47

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default Older Women Rock

Well, I just discovered that there IS a thread for older people on this forum--older women in particular. I know we have different requirements, not to mention results, than the younger folks here. And most of us are NOT beginners on the low-carb journey.

To recap just a bit, I began my weight management saga as early as high school, when I had to drop about 30lbs I gained overseas as an exchange student. That wasn't too hard to manage at the time. But I suspect that my natural tendency (genetic) to accumulate fat got a boost at that time.

Fast forward to mid-marriage. With a Who Cares? attitude towards convenience food, and no other pressure to watch my weight, I got up to almost 200lbs. With a doctor's assistance (prescribed appetite suppressant), low-cal/low-fat, and tons of exercise, I dropped 55lbs. within a year.

Began to fail on the low-cal thing and found Atkins. This led eventually to a sustainable low-carb journey. However, as in all other plans, it only works when you do it.

Now in my 70s, health is excellent. Eating is sustainable. Weight is heavier than I like, and I'm working to get back to my preferred weight. But it isn't like the "old days" of deprivation and guilt.

My favorite NSV? Being able to wear last season's clothes. I still have stuff I'd like to wear again hanging right there in my closet. And summer is on the way.

Let's see who shows up here!
Sponsored Links