#2325   ^
Old Sat, Feb-29-20, 06:02

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryh
Same as that Patricia, i manage to switch off and just accept that those tempting 'treat's' are just not an option and it definitely encourages me to stay on the CAD plan to avoid cravings as well. Just makes things so much easier. Feeling blessed already.

Happy to report I'm very pleased with my soup making efforts of late.
Made a keto Tomato mascarpone soup from the website i think you had recommended here before.
https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/ea...-soup-low-carb/

Made a carrot and coriander one for my RM.
I had been adding broccoli also for the added goodness but i didn't like how it made the overall soup taste and how it ruined the vibrant colour of the carrots. So what i did was to blend the broccoli and coriander/cilantro separately and then kind of fold it in to the carrot base.
Love it now and it hasn't decreased the overall sweetness this way and i love seeing the little flecks of broccoli throughout.
Decreasing caffeine and chopping all my vegetables up small has made the lack of appetite situation better too. Thank God.

A big wind storm is forecast here for tomorrow which will threaten the electricity supply so hope to spend the evening meal prepping.
Its unbelievable we've been having such stormy weather almost every single weekend of February. So many areas are completely flooded already.
Looking like i will need to prep if the corona virus comes to town also; not looking forward to it.

Love the meals your having in your journal Patricia. Cauliflower cheese especially.

I love soups - and yes, that is my favorite recipe creator on the net - her second book is coming out soon and I can not wait, we love the recipes in her first cookbook. Nice thing is, her website is full of free to read and print out recipes

She also shares on her facebook page, links to other great recipes from other bloggers and they are usually quite good too.

Your soup and tweaks sound delicious! I have my eye on a broccoli-cauliflower - cheddar soup recipe that is either hers or she posted a link to - the picture of it looks sooooo good.
I admit to being totally unaware of the weather issues in your country - sounds scary.
And I admit to being happy that right now I don't think my husband's company is going to send him on any business trips - they are taking the coronavirus seriously, as I think we all must.

Thank you - I love sharing recipes, always have, always will!