View Single Post
  #417   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 08:18

Plan: Atkins, sort of
Stats: 184/166/152 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 56%

Well, yes. I can't say I've really cracked that yet, but I'm hanging in there.

This is my first time really low carbing, for real. I did diets that were quite similar (probably lower fat) for shortish periods in the past, lost weight and then gradually put it back, on two or three occasions notably, when I was 14 or so, when I was in my late twenties and again when I was in my forties. That time I also ran. I did a few 10ks though I was still 70 kg ish, having dipped to about 68 at my lowest. The running didn't do my knees a lot of good and it took years to get them back almost to normal - though I don't think I can really run any more.

This time, after about 8 months of low carbing, in spring 2013, I reached a real low of 66.6 or so, which is my personal weight minimum as an adult. I'd like to get back there. I think anything lower is probably a chimera and maybe not even desirable. I'd like to be a US 8, UK 12. At present I'm a US 10, UK 14, more or less.

I wasn't super strict on this journey, even when I was losing. I drank wine, ate a little rice and potatoes and even the odd light dessert, but somewhere along the line I just got out of the zone and the weight started to creep back on. Now I'm really having to try to be stricter - and get more walking in. So far I'm treading water.

If you - or anyone - has any tips or advice, I'll be happy to take it on board!