View Single Post
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-19, 08:59

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

That is pretty much in line with fiber menace. He doesnt say NO fiber. IT is about what kind, and how much.

From https://experiencelife.com/article/...than-you-think/
Quote:
If we don’t eat enough soluble fiber, our bile, instead of being ushered out of the body and then replaced with fresh bile produced by the liver, i

However, fiber doesnt cause the bile to be squirted out, only fats can do this. Perhaps he means the soluble fiber is helpful in the recovery of the bile for reuse. That is a new theory to me. Maybe it is broken down into its parts and brought back into the body for the components to be reused. My question would be how to the Masai and the Inuit manage on a traditional diet without much plant material for fiber???

Plenty of fiber in a yam, peeled apple, green beans, baby greens, and the list goes on and on.

The issue is that these fibers are NOT the same as bran fiber and hulls. Those are the harshest as we cannot digest them. and usually the milling process leaves them in jagged pieces. To feed to horses, bran is made into a hot wet mash. Perhaps that does help decrease the rough texture.

While bran based muffin in a minute helped me thru dropping the pounds, fats also help with appetite control.

Also, regarding appetite control, when I go to two meals, then down to one, it is because Im not hungry. When can burn my own fat supply, Im even less hungry. Not that this is perfect, and hunger can happen and does, just that the overall effect is less food. And I dont use MIM at this time.

I bought a box of baby kale/ baby spinach to saute.

Strawberry bed is planted and fenced; garlic is growing; shallots are in. Hundreds of tomato starts waiting for transplant; peas ready to go in; lettuces waiting for row cover to arrive; dill, cumin, sage, etc under the grow lights along with basil. Celery and parsley already out in the mini green house.

Dozens of fruit trees are planted: cherry, peaches, nectarines, pears, APPLES and mulberries. Planning to add paw-paw and fig and more.

Everyone with a yard should have a dwarf cherry or two!!

Also, in cattle, they have a 4 section "stomache". One is a huge fermenting vat called the rumen. Chewing their cud is a regurgitation of a bolus of this fibrous material for rechewing. ( This is a relaxing process and the brain waves are often in sleep mode.) Another section is a very fine sieve. Only the finest particles can pass into the intestines. We don't have this sieve.

I hope this convinces you that what we are trying to discuss is what is an optimal diet given the structure and function of the human GI track, and how it can malfunction, and options to fix problems that arise.