View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 17:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 325/243/150
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default did you try the recipe w/chicken?

Hi. I found out about the lc forum when a friend told me about the best ever baked chicken. I just had to drop a line here to concur: it is fantastic. Before LCing, I grazed my way through life, cooking almost nothing. But I am really cooking now and eating much more yummy food than ever I ate before. I have so many good LC recipes that I resist going out.

Just got back from two day business trip. All day long I kept promising myself this baked fish. Doesn't it feel great when we feed ourselves something yummy? And it is such a relief to know what to eat. I find it easy to avoid starchy foods because now I know not just what I can't eat but what I can. Before, when trying to lose weight, what I ate didn't always add up to weight loss or health . . . just confusion.

I am definitely going to try this recipe with chicken only I will put a slice of lemon on top of each piece as well as one underneath each piece. As far as the carbs go, I think I get a lot less carbs than someone figured above. I don't eat all the lemon, I use only a few tablespoons of cream . . . but I also bake in small quantities because I live alone: half pound of fish, few tablespoons cream and I think I actually consume a tablespoon of lemon juice. I don't even use a tablespoon of parmesan: I can go way overboard with cheese but parmesan, in my mind, is more of a flavoring and I use it as such.

This recipe is so good. Thanks for posting it and leading me to this forum.