#1   ^
Old Mon, May-27-19, 06:30
Registered Member

Plan: Keto
Stats: 293.6/261.6/180 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Why do we re-gain weight?

Here's a question from a guy who's trying to lose around 100 lbs (at my heaviest I was at 298 lbs, currently I am at 275 and hoping to go down to 180)... I know there are some of you who had lost a huge amount of weight before, and then "the life happened" and you regained all that back, so now you are trying to lose it again. I did it too, I've never really lost a 100 lbs and gained it back, more like 30-40 lbs. However, what happens, once we reach that goal, and then we lose focus for so long in order to put all that weight back? It doesn't happen over one week, it takes time to gain 100 lbs back. So, why do we slip for so long? How do you prevent that? I am so scared of going back to my 290 lbs life that, at this point, that fear keeps me away from any bad food - I think that even one slice of bread will make me fail and go back to the "old way of eating". Do you lose that fear once you're all skinny and fit? Or is it something else? Is it eating when you're stressed out? And, if so, how do you prevent it (and why do we eat carbs when we are stressed out, anyways)?
Sponsored Links