Old Wed, Jan-27-10, 21:32
Registered Member

Plan: Lutz
Stats: 235/220/210 Male 6'3"
BF:
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by klowcarb
I read through most of the 200 or so reviews on Amazon and most were very positive. It seemed the negative reviewers were not using it properly. I think I might order it. Do you think it is better than callipers? I think I would mess those up.

An expert with calipers is still my favorite method. I've gotten excellently repeatable results with my cheap plastic calipers for two decades (right up till they melted in the Station Fire).

But two different caliper wielders will often get wildly different results. That's why I like the cheap BIA (Bio Electrical Impedance) machines like the Omron. Simple, repeatable, inaccurate by the same amount over and over. It's not the absolute amount of fat that's important to track. It's to have a good relative figure that accurately tracks your body composition. RELATIVE versus absolute accuracy is what is most helpful. Have you gained muscle? Have you lost fat? These are important things to know. Repeatable BIA is a star in this regard.

BTW, when are squats and deadlifts going into high rotation for you? You're so cool. Puhleeeez squat and deadlift. The hottest, coolest girls squat and dead lift. Go for it! You'll be super stealth hot but strong and lithe at the same time. Spidey strong. Yeah...
Sponsored Links