View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 17:58

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 174/167/165
BF:
Progress: 78%

Thanks for your reply and added information. I can see that I will need to ask any questions in a much less ambiguous way. My fault for not wording it clearly.

What I have been searching for is the base research findings that support what is currently recommended by US and Canadian nutritionists and the medical communitiy at large. What I have noted is that the Framingham study has been touted as the basis for these recommendations however other very well respected researchers (Mary Enig, University of Maryland for example) reviewed the raw data and have come to different conclusions. Unfortunately much of the raw data research results are hidden from the average person behind pay based electronic publishers.

With the Framingham study It appears to be a case of picking the data that supports the hypothesis and ignoring what doesn't fit or perhaps interpreting the results in a non scientific way. This is generally considered to be an abuse of statistics however only if you get caught.

Still seaching for the underpinnings of our current dietary recommendations. Any help would be appreciated.