View Single Post
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 17:51

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%
Default Well...

Starchile - You did not step over the line at all. Actually my boyfriend and I got into a huge discussion about this today during lunch and I pretty much put up the defensive wall on him...I feel like he doesn't understand. What sparked the conversation was that there was an article in our student newspaper this morning talking about college girls and negative impacts of body image. It was talking about the crazy rise in anorexics and bulimics. Thing latter part of the article spoke of obbessing about dieting and weight, and that these people are borderline for having an eatingdisorder if not a distorted self-image. Alright, with my boyfirend I try to explain that you have to be conscious of this WOL. It doesn't consume me, I occasionally cheat, however I weigh myself everymorning and count carbs...everything we're supposed to do. He thinks that's obbessing. There's a free screening by our health center and I may check it out, but I don't want to be like "waaayaayayayya." I feel like so many people are selfconscious of themselves and that there can be so many attributes linked to obsessive behavior, if not a negative self image.

Now about the size four, that was at Abercrombie - where the sizes are made bigger. I mean, they have a double 0 size there. I'm really a 6 (a tight 6), but I understand where you're coming from - I shouldn't still see myself as a 10/12. It's wierd though, when I finally hit my goal and put pics up on the site, I guarantee that most of you will be shock that I will have lost 45 lbs. I'm almost at 35 and I can bearly tell...even my boyfriend says that I really don't look that different.

It's almost like being thin can cause as many problems as being over weight - like my boyfriend being conerned that I'm too obsessed.

John,
Quote:
Because of your comment, I'm thinking. Does she feel uncomfortable around me, because of the change in me?

I definitely think what I'm talking about has to do with the same sex. The only thing I can think of is that if you're acting different because of your weight loss and maybe that's why she acted different. Or maybe, have you guys talked about your loss?, sometimes I find that people won't bring it up, until you do b/c they don't want to make you feel uncomfortable, etc. What I said has to do more with jealous and how we "weigh in" in comparison to other girls - something that I'm definitely going to make an effort to stop doing.

Thanks guys if you have any other comments they are greatly appreciated,
Erin

PS if you guys haven't noticed, I'm a horrible typer/speller so please excuse all the mistakes.