View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-18-19, 08:03

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

I have a few vegan friends, one who cooks meat for her husband and another two who do it as a couple. I never asked them if it is for ideological or health reasons. I am on a self-imposed restricted diet. I joke with them that we are both simply picky eaters, and that's that. No preaching, just friends doing friend things.

I guess it's a price we pay for having so much information at our fingertips, that we have so much disinformation there as well.

When corporate agriculture creates a group with a name like, "Scientific study for better nutrition", infiltrates the government agencies established to protect us from those groups, and then tells us things like 'Eating fat is slow suicide" millions will believe it, and go on eating sugary, starchy, 'fortified' frankenfood produced by the very company that created the bogus tests and gave zillions of dollars in tacit bribes to political candidates and political regulating agencies.

And here we are, trying to sift through the information to determine what is true and what is propaganda. It takes a lot of work, and there is still a lot of trust and guesswork to this. Is my high fat diet going to come back and bite me one day? Judging from my results now, I doubt it.

But most people don't take the time to know what they are eating and what it does to their body. They might know their sport star's statistical record from the time he/she was in high school, or all the queen or pain's lovers on a soap opera for the past 20 years, or how many fights the royals are having, and so on, but don't know what a carb really is or that eating fat doesn't just add that fat to your body fat like some kind of magical transfer.

So many don't understand that we have the teeth of an omnivore, the digestive enzymes of an omnivore, the nutritional needs of an omnivore, and the digestive tract of an omnivore.

To digest the nutrients out of plant matter, cows and other ruminants have multiple stomachs where the bacteria can ferment the food, horses have mile long digestive tracts, and rabbits, deer and others eat their own feces to run the food through a second time.

Yet some people think they can become vegans for health reasons.

I can't take care of them, I feel sorry for their children (along with many others) but I don't think legislation is the answer.

Impartial, non-biased education is an answer, but as we should all know, that isn't going to happen. The Food And Drug Administration - FDA - was established to protect us from the food and drug industry, but it has been successfully converted into an agency that protects the food and drug industry at the expense of the people it was established to protect in the first place.

Do your homework and take care of yourself.

Bob