Old Thu, May-15-03, 03:41
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally posted by Jones

Self-deception was a key component in the journey that necessitated our seeking this WOL. Addiction, in any form, relies, indeed thrives, on our propensity for justifying the unjustifiable. The role of self-deception, and it's tragic aftermath, in our lives warrants, actually demands, an ever-vigilant lookout for this devil. Satan is not known as "the great deceiver" for nothing.

Oops sorry, bottom line, sometimes it's better not to think. Sometimes it's better to refocus your attention.

Jones

I agree Jones. Self deception is something I always have to look out for. I was in denial about my weight problem for a long time. I always thought I looked better than I did. AA and other 12 step programs force you to deal with reality and to take personal responsibility.

The "think it through" technique is certainly not the only thing I use and that is why I listed several little "tricks" that have been successful for me depending on the situation. One thing I didn't list but dovetails nicely with your suggestion to refocus your attention is helping others. If you can help someone else with their carb problem, you can get out of your own head.