View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-19, 11:09
Registered Member

Plan: Keto
Stats: 293.6/261.6/180 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 28%

So, a quick update for all of my new friends here on LowCarber forum LOL On June 28th I went to the gym and did my chest/triceps workout. I went heavy, and I felt good at first. Then, after my workout, I started feeling some soreness in my abdomen area. So, naturally I thought I pulled something. My stomach was sore the next day (I only had one meal, after my workout the previous day), and no appetite, but I thought it was just a muscle injury. That night I developed a fever and I felt like absolute crap the next day, June 28. Went to the emergency room and they told me I was dehydrated, put me on an IV, my resting heart rate was 127 BPM (nuts, I know), and I had fever and very sore abdomen. After my CT scan, the doctor showed up and told me I had a perforated appendix. Happy bday to me LOL (my birthday was in 2 weeks). So, they put me in a hospital bed, hooked me up on some IV and antibiotics at the same time for the next 8 days. No surgery, they wanted to take care of that infection first. I was at the hospital on 2 different antibiotics (the first kind worked, but not enough, so they switched them after 3 days), then released on July 6. They gave me some oral antibiotics after that and I was on that until this Saturday, July 20. Finally, tonight I can have a drink, and it will be some nice, cold beer (not the low carb kind either lol) cause I deserve it, damn it! LOL I spent 8 days at the hospital on a clear fluid diet (jello, Juice and water and nothing else), then I had to be on a low residue diet for about 2 weeks (which is all the high carb bad stuff - white bread, mashed potatoes, pudding, ice cream etc). Finally I can go back and eat whatever I want, at least until I have my surgery I guess. So, after tonight's beer fest, I will go back to my low carb WOE. I had my first workout today, as well. Cardio only, but it went well. My weight stayed the same - I lost about 5 pounds while in the hospital and I did not gain anything back even on this bread and potato diet, so that's good. So, I am down 32 lbs since April 1 and can't wait to be done with this minor surgery soon and go back to my weight lifting and keto food. Funny, I felt like a million bucks that day when it happened. Oh, well... Life is like a box of chocolate :-D