#98   ^
Old Mon, Oct-19-20, 08:35

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Happy DDF start day. Watching my BG come down is like watching paint dry. I started a bit high because had a higher carb meal last night knowing going into a month of being strict and wanting to redo baseline trigger. Numbers over 100 are still a surprise since my annual BG lab test is 80-90s and fasting insulin around 5 or lower.

6:00 am 114
9:00 am 110
11:00 am 102
12:00 am 94
4 strips just to eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
Me too. Like watching paint dry, usually. I start out under 90 usually so I can eat breakfast but then drop slowly. The slow drop makes 2 meals a day a necessity rather than a choice if I want to use my bg as a guide to eating. Also because I drop very slowly from my second meal, early to mid afternoon, it also ensures that I don’t succumb to evening snacking, something I gave up several years ago in any event. I think this careful tracking is going to teach me a lot about hunger.

Watching you two closely as you go through the challenge. I'm not one to measure constantly, but this looks like a good way to develop a baseline of awareness of when to eat due to needs rather than hunger sensations. I have a BG monitor, so I guess I'm ready equipment-wise. Something I'll consider in the near future, as I'm not looking to lose weight, but rather, maintain an eating lifestyle based on meal timing that is healthiest for me. For now, your posts are very informative. Thanks for sharing your experiences.