#95   ^
Old Thu, Oct-15-20, 19:53

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
That's great, Jean. I will be going along with you using the program on my own. As another long time very low carb eater, I will be interested if you have "flat-line" but modestly elevated BG. Most readings were 100-110. My BG barely budged over the Challenge period, with first a Personal trigger of 98, then in last week 96. The range is so narrow, it seems unlikely much happened beyond the variations in meter readings. The good news was I lost 13 pounds in about 2 months, but that could be my own focusing on more nutrient dense foods, more vegetables, Less fats, no wine, almond butter, and other P:E diet guidelines.

My pattern, before beginning the actual challenge, is that I start out "normal" in the morning but as soon as I eat anything, even with the carbs very low, I go from the 80's to the low 100's and then it takes a very long time for my bg to get back to the 80's again if it even get's there at all before the next day. Sometimes I stay stuck in the low 100's. I'll see what I learn from doing the challenge. At some point I just kind of accepted that my bg would remain somewhat higher than I like throughout the day. I have certainly not been timing my eating to correspond to my bg dropping back down. I am not trying to lose any weight. I accomplished all the weight loss I wanted in the masterclasses.