View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-14, 09:24

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

All organic foods are GMO free, as GMO foods aren't classified as organic (yet - Monsanto is trying to weasel that into the FDA).

All GMO free foods are not organic.

Over 65 countries have banned GMO foods because of strong evidence that they are extremely unhealthy and may cause a variety of lethal diseases over time.

I avoid them. Why?
  • If I don't eat GMO foods and it turns out that the fears were unfounded, I've lost noghing.
  • If I do eat GMO foods and turns out they do cause cancer or something else fatal, and I get that condition, it might be irreversable
  • I don't want Monsanto and Dow to have a cartel on our food

Here in the USA Monsanto and Dow have paid mega-millions of dollars to keep those 3 little letters out of the ingredients list.

If you mix a tangerine with a pomelo, you don't still call it a tangerine, instead it gets a new name, tangelo. So if you mix corn with both an insecticide gene and an anti-herbicide gene why is it still called corn and not a new name? Because the corporate food lobby and the FDA are partners in crime.

Plus
  1. Round-up ready crops have caused the weeds to evovle to be Round-up resistant. The call them super-weeds which means that up to 10 times as much round up is sprayed on the crops. Some of that is not going to get washed off and if it posons the weeds, it's surely going to poison other living things and one of them might be me
  2. Dow has now had the FDA approve agent-orange resistant crops. I knew a guy who died from agent-orange induced cancer. His painful wasting away while the medical profession was unable to stop it was not anything I want to do.
So unless either organic or certified GMO free I avoid them as much as I can. And that means the big four: Corn, Soy, Canola and Cottonseed. Plus their by-products (like Dextrose made from corn). I don't eat sugar but if I did, I wouldn't eat beet sugar for the same reason. I also avoid yellow squash and zucchini for the same reason.

I also avoid dairy unless the cows are rBGH free. European and Canadian cheeses are safe, as it's banned there. I have in writing that Wal-Mart and Pubix brand milk products are rGBH free but no guarantee on the cheese.

Again, I err on the side of caution. If I ate all these things and ended up with cancer in a few years, I'd lie in the hospital and wonder if I did that to myself.

Every time a state has tried to enact a law that requires the labeling of those three little letters (GMO), Monsanto, Dow and their partners in crime have spent millions of dollars scaring the voters into barely voting it down. The propaganda is that it will triple the cost of everybody's food and the food companies will have to spend billions of dollars adding those 3 little letters to the package.

Well, you will still be able to buy GMO foods, as giving us a choice will not ban them, so it won't increase the cost of your foods, and it doesn't seem to cost billions of dollars to add those letters as food companies are always changing their packaging. They don't seem to mind "New And Improved" and that's a lot more than 3 letters.

Now Monsanto is bribing our representatives to pass a federal law prohibiting individual US states from passing a labeling law. They figure it would be harder to get the entire USA to pass a labeling law than individual states.

Isn't capitalism about freedom of choice?

Yes, but corporationalism is not, and we no longer have a democracy, but an oligarchy run by the international bankers and a dozen or so huge multi-national corporations.

My advice, is to boycott GMO foods. Start with the Big 4 and then google the rest. If the consumers demand those six little letters (Non-GMO) as a condition of buying their goods, the companies will respond. Sure it's the opposite of what should happen, but it will work if enough people do it.