View Single Post
  #2122   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-19, 16:52

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Trig---Have you taken off already? W/out saying good bye to us?

Nic---I am both happy and envious that you are just beginning the wonderful journey that is "A Place Called Home." Yes, it is addictive. Even my hubby who was sure it was going to be too chick for him got totally drawn in. I was sad when it ended, even though it was 6 seasons! I can honestly say I loved every season. Something so calming about watching that show, even though it has plenty of drama and conflict. I liked how the characters continued to evolve and grow.

Lori---All in all it really does sound like your shoulder is getting better and better, even if it gets "grouchy" now and then. That's a long way from where you were a couple of months ago when so many movements caused you pain. Was reading an article the other day about how hard shoulder injuries can be to get healed, even when the scans and x-rays say the bone has healed. Won't share that article w/you, just suffice to say you are well ahead of the game compared to others.

Jaz---The book I read that is set in Atlanta is called "The Marriage Lie", just a summer beach read. Nothing great, but fine for these lazy hazy days of summer. Interesting premise, decent if not fab writing. But these kind of books are all about the story not the prose. Good enough, if you can get over the fact that the main character is a psychologist who manages not to know her husband at all for 7 years. Ha, must suspend belief. She sure made it sound like the belt line path was fab and much used. Maybe it's an old book---got it because it was available from the library, while I wait for the ones on hold I really want to read.

steadyed---your handle certainly seems to suit you. I like that you're pulling back a bit and giving yourself time to both reach your goals and not drive yourself crazy. In fact, you might be surprised at how well you do when you're not so avidly "watching the pot and waiting for it to boil."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good week for me on plan.

My latest (and boy, this thing is always changing isn't it?) is that I've been hungry for food I love. Not happy w/good enough lately. Plus, I have been in a lazy mode and don't feel like making a thing. What to do?

Well, I've been exploring LC take out options, LC Happy Hour options, LC cheap restaurant options.

I found a place where I can get a carry out Greek salad w/gyros meat on top---just DELISH---for $15. It is HUGE. I eat half for lunch and half for dinner. Found two happy hour places to drag pals too that serve EXCELLENT mussels in two different broths, $8. Found another place that serves HH deviled eggs and a yummy Lemon, onion and hearts of palm salad. Each, $8. Found a diner right down the road from us that serves breakfast all day. The biggest and best omelette, $9. Again, I eat half and bring the other half home for later, and it heats up surprisingly well.

No, can't do this forever, but right now I need LC AND super tasty. Sometimes OK LC is OK for me. Not right now. It's winnow and sift, winnow and sift. Every couple of weeks it seems something changes for me.

Today is my first OMAD in almost 2 weeks, where as it seems it was just yesterday that I did it for over a week and it worked so great. Then it didn't.

Just gotta keep bobbing and weaving. Haven't come near the scale, not in the mood. BUT, what I DO feel this week, is more toned from my pool work outs. Haven't been paying much attention to that, just doing it and enjoying all the painless movement. The other day I happened to look at my arms and legs while laying in bed---haha, don't ask---and I was kind of amazed because things have tightened up. SIGH, don't know what I'm going to do when the pool closes, but I'll think about then.