View Single Post
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 08:29

Plan: Heller(CALP)
Stats: 230/222/140
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Can of worms

Isn't that what we've opened up here? John, when I read your first post in this thread, I was so glad that you brought up the issue of having lost all the weight still has some "sucky" facets to it. When I lost 93 lbs 2 yrs ago, I was absolutely dumbstruck by how profoundly that affected my entire life. It wasn't just a personal thing...it seemed to become a public issue. I live in a very small town, and I could not go out of my house for months without having to stop and do a complete discertation, several times per day, on how I lost the weight, how much I lost, how does my husband like his new woman...Even though, for me, weight or the loss of it is a very personal thing. (I have NEVER asked another person how much they weigh, or how much they have lost, and certainly never eluded to a weight gain.) The whole thing seemed very bizarre to me. People who seemed to have either never really noticed me or chose to avoid me were now my new "friends". I hated it. My old "friends" became very stand-offish. They definitely didn't want to discuss my weightloss. My family (several of whom have weight problems) also had nothing to say on a positive note. My husband, while he was very happy to have a thin wife for the more obvious reasons, became jealous, possesive and insecure. All of this threw me into a tailspin. All I could think of was, I am the one who has made the major life changes here. Why are you people acting so weird about it???? Please don't think I am totally blaming the regain I experienced on everyone but myself. I chose to relapse my habits. But while I am physically very uncomfortable and unwell in this present condition, emotionally I feel much safer here. And apparently, everyone else feels much less threatened by me LOOKING THE WAY I DO. Thanks for letting me vent. Feeling much better right about now. That was almost as satisfying as big fat brownie! KIDDING!!!!

By the way, John, love your joke page! We're thinking of having your "Rules for Dating my Daughter" drawn up into a contract...