View Single Post
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 08:22

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%
Default I liked so much of that I quoted it all...

Quote:
It is so sad that we all have been so manipulated by this fat thing, and have been so disconnected from what it all really means. But on the sunny side, I think all of the people here are really on their way to dealing with the real issues, realizing that it's not all about "weight." THis is a really great board, and I hope everyone finds "their way."

I totally agree, in everyway.

Quote:
I used to make conspicuous comments about very thin girls--like "eww, that girl is freakishly skinny" etc etc. WHich, when I think about it, is really incredibly rude and not any better than fatphobics.

I can't tell yu how many times I critisize girls out at the bars. I'm ripping them apart to my boyfriend. My boyfriend has said that it's just me being jealous, he's right though. I hate that. What's funny is since my bf and got together 4 years ago he has learned sooo much about women (or I guess college women/girls). For example, he's said to me at lunch the other day, "More girls check you out than me." I took it to be a compliment, whether he knew it or not. Those girls were doing the same thing that I've always done - I guess you could say scoping out the competition...lol. We got into a huge discussion about it and decided (lol) that it must be some primal thing from when we were still homosapiens where the female were protective over their mate. I mean sometimes I scan a girl w/out even noticing. Obviously you guys think I have issues...maybe I've told too much, but I swear if you met me, you would think that I'm normal...lol. I'm not kidding, my school to sooooo snobbing. It's hard to deal with, especially since I never expected it.

Quote:
I feel that my own success (in progress) losing weight makes other people feel like failures, in the same way I used to like one.

I think this is especially true for people that are look to lose weight as well. I've been having problems with my mom since I started lcing. She puts me down and is constantly making comments like that am going to get an eating disorder.

I'm just glad that they're people like me (or close...besides my crazy part...lol).

Good Luck,
Erin