#10   ^
Old Sun, Sep-20-20, 14:23

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay
When I searched for Ketone Bars without adding Julian Bakery, they showed up. They have received 4 stars and are available for $40/box. An expensive experiment

https://www.amazon.com/Ketone-Ketog...ps%2C235&sr=8-5
Those look good and have great reviews, but I see they also contain xylitol and MCT oil, both of which act on my gut as if someone were shredding my intestines with a chef's knife. I'd be willing to buy one bar to see what happened, but not willing to shell of $40 for 12 bars which might destroy my innards. I see a couple reviews where people say the bars cause severe intestinal distress. One review:
Quote:
I really, really wanted to love these. The texture, size and ability to satiate are all great and so are the macros for a Keto diet. However, with erythritol being the second ingredient and xylitol being the fourth, the amount of sweetener is so huge that they gave me really bad digestive issues. The first time was just bloating and gas, however the second time was really sharp stomach cramps.
Yes that's how I react also to xylitol and MCT oil, so I suspect I better not try these bars, much as I would love to find a bar of this sort that I could use.