View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-19, 07:18
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

My DH and I have been married 15 years. He has two heart conditions, one congenital (bi-cuspid valve.) The other is AFIB. He is Norwegian, and that equals STUBBORN. He chooses drugs , but has taken my advice against statins so far, as his lipids are "okay."

I'm absolutely certain that eating LCHF would make him more healthy, but once a person becomes scared he/she will die, the pharmaceutical companies have them. Once the drugging begins it's very hard to get the courage to stop.

How can I stand by and watch him medicate himself into decrepitude? I have no choice, as we don't get to force other people to do what we want with their health. I hint, I hold my good health up as an example. I mention articles and subjects I'm studying. I'm 3 years older than he is and in much better health, but he is adamant. "The doctors know more than we do."

I'm fascinated by his choice to go along with their advice, as he is a revolutionary in all his other opinions. Just has a blind spot about his own mortality.

What will happen to my right to choose my own health care? I'm about to turn the corner to 74. Will I be forced to use statins against my will or be denied my Medicare benefits? What's next? Forced chemo if I'm diagnosed with cancer? The food police forcing us to eat SAD?

It's all pretty scary for me as an average (read "not rich") person.