View Single Post
  #101   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-02, 00:03
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

I've been meaning to make time for this tread since I was told about it last week... but with having surgery on Thursday (just the removal of a gall bladder and a few stones) I haven't had time to look until now... well, actually I've had time.. but should have made it sooner.

I did use a few tips from this thread for my surgery. I told myself over and over that I would be fine.... It helped the night before concentrating on being fine instead of worrying...

I haven't read the whole thing yet... but before I back track and read pages 3 thru 6--- that's where I left of last week....
I want to do something I just read... I want to say 10 things I am thankful for... I want to say them out loud to all of you if that's ok.

1. I am married to Darrell. 2. My 23 year old daughter is happy and healthy and spent the day with me yesterday. 3. I have a good job. 4. I have a roof over my head. 5. I have stuck to low carb for 10 weeks today. 6. I came through the surgery well, and am feeling great for 3 days out. 7. I have this great on-line support group. 8. I have good pain pills to manage the pain in my belly. 9. I have so really great friends. 10. I have lots of happy and healthy neices and nephews.

OK... that's a start... I will do this every morning when I wake up.

I will go read the beginning of the thread now...
Thanks to whoever started it... and I just want to say also, that I had been very depressed for the last month or so, I had a falling out with a friend at work... the falling out came from someone telling her I was tired of hearing her bitch and gripe all the time... That was true... but I and others had tried to gently tell her that she was bringing us all down with her... and that she needed to lighten up. I had quit going to lunch with the gang because of it..although I still talk to some of them now and then.. none of them are going to lunch at the same time/same place anymore. It was just hard... but in the long run, it's turned out for the best, I started taking 1/2 hour lunches instead of 1 hour... and that gives me more time after work to go to the gym where I work before the crowds get there.... and not going to the hospital cafeteria has helped me not be around the high carb foods I was eating before.

Sorry this post is so long... put it's got me pumped.