View Single Post
  #97   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-02, 08:35
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Carianne.... It sounds to me like you have the same experiences we all do! No one can be 100% positive 100% of the time! So you say that, in general, you're a fairly positive person.... that's better than some can admit! I definitely have super-negative thoughts during PMS and they can be disturbing to one's peace of mind indeed! It has helped me to recognize that it's more about PMS than anything and I reassure myself that it will pass as quickly as it came and to just hang on for a few days.

In general terms though, I can say without hesitation that I'm a more positive person than I was say like 10 years ago. In that time I've studied a lot about metaphysics and spirituality. I've taken classes. I've learned to meditate. I've chosen positive-thinking friends and said good-bye to the negative ones. When I get upset, I truly try to think things out, look for the lesson and turn it into a positive experience. I breathe deeply, close my eyes and try to relax....and reassure myself that ALL IS WELL. That's a good little phrase to help me remember to be grateful for what a wonderful life I have and the good health I am blessed with. Gratitude seems to be the best tool in turning things around in my mind when I'm feeling blue or upset about something.

Keeping a gratitude journal is a great way to start your day.... just list 10 things every morning that you are grateful for. They can be as simple as "the smell of coffee" or "the feel of soft cotton sheets against freshly bathed skin". I find that thoughts like these go a long way toward helping me stay centered and in a good place.

Just my $0.02.

Love to all!