Old Thu, Feb-02-23, 13:50
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 268/226/215 Male 6-2
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
Looks like you're eating per Atkins Induction phase. I don't see any immediate warning signs. The only other question: Are you taking any medications? Some are known to slow and interfere with weight loss. Just remember, we share good information on this forum; yet, we are all different in how we respond to foods.

The thing that really started me years ago when I first went low carb (Atkins Induction) was to stay completely consistent with my eating. I slowed my expectations by starting to weigh myself monthly, and before I weighed in, I started to notice that my clothes were looser, as I was losing inches around my waist. In the beginning of a dietary change, we are not metabolically flexible, so little things can serve to slow you down. When I mentioned "fat adapted" in an earlier post, it can take up to 6 months to efficiently and readily burn fat, because you've been burning carbs for fuel up to now. You train yourself to adapt by the foods you eat, but it takes a bit of time.

By focusing on the eating plan and not worrying too much about getting immediate results, I started losing weight consistently. Surprising what can happen when you focus on consistent lifestyle habits without looking too often for results. You will get there . . .

maybe I didn't make this clear originally so I apologize but I was doing low carb for a while with no issues, then the holidays hit and I went off but have been back on for 2 weeks now so its not like this is all new to me, I just cant believe with so little carb in take I haven't lost any weight since I started 2 weeks ago, that's what is baffling to me. Everything I have listed in all my post including the Atkins shakes, pork grinds and zero coke I was doing while I was losing weight before the holidays. I take Clonazepam to help me sleep that's it.