View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-28-11, 19:19
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Lauren, I order mine from Honeyvillegrains.com in the 4# bag if I remember right (might be 5#, not sure). Keeps well without refrigeration. You use very small amounts in recipes, but Netrition sells it in smaller bags if you prefer to test it a bit before buying a large bag. I don't know anything about the brand they are carrying however.

If you've never used it before, I would err on the side of using very small amounts in your recipes to start out. I have never used over ¼ c. in ANYTHING.....usually only 1T. in a small cookie or muffin recipes. If I like the result, I increase by 1T. more the next baking to find the right amount for the desired result. It tends to dry things out if you overdo, so too much in shugar cookies rersults in a crumbled mess in your hand. And don't breathe in when pouring/dipping it up as it's very fine dust. But it definitely adds wonderful texture to cake and "flour/oat" flavor to pastry and cookies. Happy experimenting and keep those fantastic desserts coming, girl! LOVE your sweets!