View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-19, 09:45

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi Dani, I was struggling with staying on plan, but then I realized that I wasn't really trying to lose weight. I actually was staying on my plan since I was maintaining my significant weight loss and while I was motivated to maintain, I just wasn't all that motivated to lose more weight: i.e. I'm thinner than most everyone in my circle and my husband thinks I look great. I mean, it would be great to be a size 4 again, but it's a lot of trouble, and why should I bother to lose more when overall I feel pretty good about myself?

Having identified that feeling, I (paradoxically) have actually been able to stay completely on plan this month. But I have seized upon another motivation for sticking on plan - carby side effects. Joint pain, getting up at night to use the bathroom, feeling so hungry I'm going to punch someone, higher blood pressure, etc. I feel crummy when I eat a lot of carbs, but being an addict, I can't stop at just a few. Yes, I'm one of those people who needs to stay on plan to stay healthy - weight loss is a happy side effect.

You're down from your high - is there a chance you're content with your current weight too and need another motivator?