View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-06-11, 07:27

Plan: OWL
Stats: 280/249/175 Female 73.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%

I figured out something similar starting about 2 weeks ago. I wasn't going anywhere. My ketosis was usually "nothing" or very light pink. I kept at the same weight I had started at. I began to poke around this forum and continue to read Taubes. Suddenly the word "fat" was all around. I remembered Atkins saying you had to be totally unafraid of fat, and we were trained to think that fat was the bad guy. I suddenly got the light bulb and decided to go "high fat."

I stopped eating even the 1 cup of greens, and raised my level of fat as high as I could.

The result is that I am now losing about 1 pound per day.

How to raise the level of fat in your diet? Sounds gross, but you have to actually eat fat, or oils.

There are also some foods. Tahini (ground sesame seeds) can be put in eggs. It is 5 grams of carbs, 3 of fiber (2 net carbs) 260 calories per 2 tsp serving, and of that 260, 200 are fat.

Mayo-- has a little sugar, so add 1 carb. 100% fat.

So when I have chicken, for instance, I add a lot of mayo and make a "chicken salad" type dish. Add butter, mayo, a mixture of oils.

I also eat mayo directly.

My meals have been pretty simple for the past 10 days.
Fatty ground beef patties and mayo. Chicken thighs and mayo. Eggs and mayo.

Hey, I never claimed to be a good cook! I want to save my life, not eat pretty food.