#3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-19, 12:02

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie OFS
Thanks for posting this! I'm so happy to see the ADA come around. Some years ago I took free classes for low income senior diabetics. I did learn things from the classes by a pharmacist, a physical therapy person, & a doctor who explained - in graphic detail & with pictures - the side-effects of uncontrolled diabetes, but the dietary advice was awful - as were the high carb lunches provided. I ate the inside of the sandwiches (meat, cheese, lettuce), took the (white!) bread home for the chickens, & skipped the fruit.

If they offer the classes again, it would be interesting to join just to see if the new advice has trickled down to the nutritionists.

I know that at least 1 person in that class - who would probably have benefited from a good lc diet - has died as a result of his uncontrolled t2 diabetes.

That is the part that gets me. Thousand of people have died following these old guidelines. It's negligence, IMO, and they should all be put in jail not just be able to issue a "mea culpa".