View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-28-12, 00:17

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

I was in Santa Monica today. Since the beach was only 2 blocks away, I put on my all-terrain sandals and headed out. It was, like, a mile from the parking lot to the water. My sandals filled up with sand. I poured the sand out of my sandals (do sandals attract sand?), rolled up my pant legs and walked a bit through the surf, then took off my shoes, which were useless at that point. It felt so good to walk barefoot in the sand, with the cool water swirling around my legs. The temperature was perfect. I unplugged and listened to the waves.

Oddly enough, I didn’t have any pain in my feet walking barefoot at the beach. I have to wear orthotic insoles in my shoes when I go to the gym.

The only people there were the tourists. Ha!

Walked 2.2 miles, with an average speed of 1.2 mph (I did pause occasionally).

I rinsed off my shoes and legs at the freshwater shower. Walked barefoot (carefully) on the boardwalk, but had to put my shoes back on for the sidewalk. The concrete was too hot to go barefoot.

I need to do a lot more endurance training. I know I’m going to feel this in my hip flexors tomorrow. I'm a little sore now!