#65   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-19, 09:51

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightnow
I think we all know society, and know how people naturally react, socially.

I once almost bought a t-shirt that said keto on it, and stopped. I don't advertise my eating plan in any way. Why? Because I'm huge, and I know this will make it look bad, and I respect lowcarb and don't want to give it a bad representation -- in part because I feel like it saves lives and I don't want to interfere with that. I can't wear a sign around my neck listing the zillion medical symptoms that low-carb resolved, or a ticker like a forum profile with the pounds I've lost so far, to caveat it.
PJ

This, absolutely for me, too. Someone asked me yesterday how I look so young. I always say "genes" but it's really because I don't eat grains. Hands down, no questions. But I am still very fat so I never say so. But I am much healthier than I was before low carb. So I don't talk about it much unless it comes up because someone has to serve me food. I feel like I'm a bad example. But I'm actually a very good example. I ran an amazing ten mile race when I weighed 230. I keep myself healthy and fit enough to teach a sport. I lost a thousand minor health issues by eating this way, from skin rashes to tooth plaque. Unfortunately, people are not that interested in feeling great so much as they are obsessed with thinness. Hence, Jenny Craig and gastric bypass.