View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-19, 09:28

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi Pitfall! I'm primarily a meat eater. I don't consciously avoid other foods, I just don't like them very much. Well, that's not completely true. I love chocolate and bread, but if I satisfy my cravings for those with real chocolate and bread or fake food (e.g. Quest bars), I get cravings, and my joint pain comes back with a vengeance. I do indulge in real and fake chocolate from time to time but my carb and fake food hangovers (which I have right now) always send me back to a diet that consists primarily of meat. I also like cheese from which I go on and off abstaining. Cheese definitely causes some mild inflammation in me, but this is a way of life, not a diet and so I try to keep my dairy to weekends only.

So what do I eat? I'm a very plain eater. I like meat with salt. Many days I also eat chicken salad with mayo and a little chopped celery for crunch. I do eat whatever I feel like eating. Here are typical meals for me.

Hamburger (with or without cheese) with ~1/2 teaspoon ketchup
steak (I buy the cheap stuff and sous vide it)
chicken salad
eggs (with or wihout cheese)
chicken breast with ranch and bacon (and maybe cheese)
chicken breast with salt.
Bacon
roast beef
pork roast

Interestingly, I have found that Quest bars cause more cravings in me than Cadbury bars. Also, more immediate joint pain.

Quote:
Thanks Jey100! Some good reading there
I'll second that! Janet is the best - I've learned so much from the links she provides. Thanks for sticking around here Janet!