#13   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-06, 03:18

Plan: Anti-Estrogenic Diet/PP
Stats: 198/194/140 Female 5 ft 5 in.
BF:27.9%
Progress: 7%
Default Moderation Thread

Teena--

I think a moderation thread is a great idea, but I don't know the rules of the forum well enough to determine where we could fit that in. There are threads about fasting, and NeanderThin--which aren't specifically low-carb, so I don't see why we couldn't start one--just not sure where...

Have you read any of the so-called "french diet" books?
They are pretty much all about moderation and enjoyment of food. Nothing is forbidden...they concentrate more on how to eat "properly" for enjoyment and pleasure. Anne Barone's website (Chic and Slim) is very interesting, and Will Clowther has a book and website on the subject, and the newest one would be Mireille Guiliano's "French Women Don't Get Fat". These are all written more as memoirs, (except maybe Will Clowther's)--very good books, full of advice, and at the very least full of good recipes. Most of what they teach is similar in some ways to what Dr. S says--except for the need to eat whether you are hungry or not...I for one do not follow that part of her program too well--I don't like to feel "stuffed".
(Michel Montignac also re-released his book "The French Diet" recently, but it is more of an actual diet guide and would be considered a low GI diet basically.)

OK, so as you can see, my diet-addict side has come out in full force...I apologize. If you do start a moderation thread, I would love to read it, and contribute. I don't see why moderation and low-carb can't go hand in hand. For me, they seem to (when I can actually control myself and be moderate about, oh say chocolate for example...) --