View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-21, 03:35

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I have been using a scoop of chocolate collagen powder for this past year and believe my nails are stronger, hair thicker. The reason I use it though is to increase protein and satiety. I add both whey protein and collagen to 0%fat yogurt and low fat cottage cheese, for an easy to digest high protein treat. Collagen is somewhat "incomplete", missing one amino acid?, but along with whey protein and dairy, it adds good protein. Although lean proteins and vegetables make up most of the P:E Diet, these "desserts" work for me, losing 34 pounds this year, now in a 22 BMI. So stalled weight loss wasn’t the collagen, nor was it the "dairy"! I often read that dairy is inflammatory, and probably wrote that myself in the past. Someone thinks they need to give up 2T cream because it is stopping weight loss, when the fat and calories in dairy are the problem. This basic podcast interview with Dr Ted Naiman covers why "processed foods" like whey and collagen are good, along with how to lower fats when increasing whole food vegetable carbs and increasing protein. https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects...i=1000529446358