View Single Post
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Sep-18-17, 10:54
Boldly going...

Plan: keto
Stats: 410/298.6/225 Male 74 inches
BF:40/35%/17%
Progress: 60%

Circling back on this thread because I see my friends Janet and Teaser have been posting interesting things. I'm watching the Zero Carb crowd with a less tainted eye these days, as it interests me. Have been following KetoGains with similar interest, though hate the militant attitude of some either way. Loved the Ted Naiman graphic, but still not sure about some things. Why would ground round have a lower P:NPE ratio than round itself? Similar fat content. Does grinding reduce the usable protein content? I've noticed that I can eat a pound of ground beef and feel less sated than eating a pound of steak or roast. Or it's my imagination? Possibly.

Noted Steve's carnivore experiment. And his lower fat experiments. I do believe there's something to reducing fat in order to lose fat (guess what I have a bunch of that stored!) but the only problem is that I have historically gotten a lot more bored when I've limited fat. Maybe try 4-6 week challenges where I eat less fat, then go back to eating my chuck eyes and chicken thighs for 4-6 weeks?

I have definitely moved away from the mindset that "you need to eat fat to lose fat." I think that works as an initial jumpstart, but sooner or later you'll plateau.

I know some random meanderings, but still trying to figure out what works and what works for me.