Old Fri, Apr-26-19, 23:01

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
This is such great inspiration for newbies

I'm another turtle person. Even while low-carbing - at differing levels over the years, I might add .. plus big stress (divorce, disability, death of loved one(s), familial estrangement, job loss, more death, etc) - I lost a lot, regained some, lost some, regained, plateaued, lost a bit, plateaued .. now losing again but *oh so slowly*. And I'm okay with that. This isn't a race; it's a lifestyle change and adaptation. While the scale changes haven't been spectacular, the health changes have been rewarding! No longer pre-diabletc, blood pressure normal, knee pain eliminated .. blood cholesterol levels optimized .. on and on

If I could offer a bit of advice to newbies, it would be this: take measurements. Or use a pair of jeans or pants that are too tight now, or a shirt/blouse that won't close over your chest. Try it/them on once a month. You'll be amazed at how your body is shrinking even while the scale seems stuck. The scale number isn't your only measure of success.

My own scale loss has been agonizingly slow for the last while. Yet in the same time, I've dropped a whole size! Woot!!

Keep working your low-carb plan. If you're stuck, then be willing to ask for help and to tweak things a bit. Accept that you're in this for life.

It *is* for your life

Doreen

I want to add, too, that fluctuations in weight don't have to be accompanied by a serious nosedive in health. Stress, lack of sleep, hormonal changes, illness all have an effect on our weight, but sticking to as many low carb dietary principles as possible can still make a difference in how you feel and your overall health until you can get completely back on track! Even if you are just thinking about what you need to do, you're making progress. It's when it's not on your mind at all that all is lost. And write it down.